OUR TREATMENT PROGRAMS
People who suffer with addiction and mental health are fighting a battle on a spiritual, physical and mental level. They cannot win this fight if alcohol and drugs are still in their system. At the beginning of treatment and recovery, they need a safe place to avoid stress and learn how cope with destructive behaviors that often lead to cravings and relapse.
At Huntington Beach Treatment Center, we offer a person centered treatment experience in a home setting for people over 18 to begin their journey of sobriety. With a maximum of six clients in the house at any given time, we are able to provide an intensive integrative experience addressing multiple facets of a person’s recovery.
What We Provide
At our HB Detox level of care you can expect:
- To be assessed by our Medical Director and his team within the first 24 hours to ensure your medical safety and comfort.
- To meet with our therapist for a brief summary of your history in order to help identify your chief concerns and to better customize your treatment experience.
- Prepared Meals
- Meeting with your case manager who will explain all aspects of your treatment; from date of entry to date of discharge.
- Developing appropriate individual treatment plans.
- Resting and recovering while medically stabilizing from the trauma your body has absorbed while engaged in substance use behaviors.
- To make up to 3 outside phone calls because the most essential ingredient in detox is to relax and focus on healing.
- Compassion, empathy, support, and education.
At the Residential level of care you can expect:
- 6 hours of group therapy (DBT/Mindfulness, Relapse Prevention, Addiction Science, CBT, Education in 12 step modalities for aftercare and many others.)
- Weekly Individual Therapy
- Weekly Individual Case Management Sessions
- Weekly Outside 12 steps panels are brought to you.
- Weekly Breathworks Meditation
- Weekly Chair Massage
- Monitoring individuals over time to access treatment progress.
- Collaborating with psychiatrists, doctors, nurses, social workers, and departments of correction.
- Identify behaviors that interfere with treatment and recovery.
Individuals who admit into HB Treatment are taught how to deal with the emotional, psychological and physiological issues that have likely contributed to their addiction.
Residential Addiction Treatment (RTC)
Although a lower level of care, clients in residential treatment still receive round-the-clock support in a monitored setting, as well as medication management. In this level of care, clients reside at our facility 24/7 while our clinical team treats clients for approximately 20-30 days, depending on their progress and individual needs. In this phase, there is a greater emphasis on therapeutic interventions. The individual’s health may begin to improve, and the client may pass the acute withdrawal stage.
Along with individual psychiatry and psychology visits, there are family therapy, group therapy, and case management sessions. Group therapy topics may range from trauma/grief/loss processing to Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT), mindfulness exercises, and addiction/mental health education. Our on site therapist also is certified in Breathworks meditations as well as massage and offers these therapeutic services as part of the treatment experience.
Medically Assisted Treatment (MAT)
HB Detox and Residential Treatment Center is a MAT friendly facility. Medication-assisted treatment (MAT) is the use of medications, in combination with group and individual therapy to provide a “whole-person” approach to the treatment of substance use disorders. MAT has proved to be clinically effective and to significantly reduce the need for inpatient detoxification services for these individuals. MAT provides a more comprehensive, individually tailored program of medication and behavioral therapy that address the needs of most individuals.
Incidental Medical Services
HB Treatment Center has the ability to provide Incidental Medical Services (IMS) that address medical issues associated with drug and alcohol detoxification and treatment. IMS requires a special certification from the State of California, and not all addiction treatment centers have this certification. The goal of IMS is to enhance the safety of treatment services and provide medical care related to the individual’s long-term recovery.